Saturday, April 4, 2009

alf layla wa-layla

every tale in The Thousand and One Nights begins with an 'appearance of destiny' which manifests itself through an anomaly, and one anomaly always generates another. The end of every tale in the The One Thousand and One Nights consists of a 'disappearance' of destiny, which sinks back to the somnolence of daily life ... The protagonist of the stories is in fact destiny itself.


What is destiny?

What is love?

Why do women suffer the pains of love more so then men? and why does a woman have the power to live for 1001 nights by speaking, opening up her heart, and loving...while the king of the man still resists even though he wants to let in.


Enta Omri
From:
Om Kalthoum - You are My Life

Oh you who is more precious than my days
Oh you who is sweeter than my dreams
Take me to your longing take me
Pull me away from the universe
Far, far away you and I
From the love that awakens our days
From the desire than sleeps our nights
I've reconciled time my days with you
I've reconciled time with you
I forgot my pains with you
And I forgot with you my woes

Your eyes called me to the days that have passed
They taught me to regret the past and its wounds
That which I experienced before my eyes saw you
What is the wasted life to me?"


"Love - which is God - will consider our sighs and tears as incense burned at His altar and He will reward us with fortitude. Good-bye, my beloved; I must leave before the heartening moon vanishes."
A pure voice, combined of the consuming flame of love, and the hopeless bitterness of longing and the resolved sweetness of patience, said, "Good-bye, my beloved."
They separated, and the elegy to their union was smothered by the wails of my crying heart.
I looked upon slumbering Nature, and with deep reflection discovered the reality of a vast and infinite thing -- something no power could demand, influence acquire, nor riches purchase. Nor could it be effaced by the tears of time or deadened by sorrow; a thing which cannot be discovered by the blue lakes of Switzerland or the beautiful edifices of Italy.
It is something that gathers strength with patience, grows despite obstacles, warms in winter, flourishes in spring, casts a breeze in summer, and bears fruit in autumn -- I found Love.
Khalil Gibran

It still hurts when I see the pictures of him, hear the sounds of him , or even simply have a memory pop into my mind of him. But that hurt is birthing itself into a space that is open for my choice...my choice of sorrow over the past or my choice of trust about the immense love that is already here with in me, for me, by me...which will be complimented in due time by my divine man when he and i are ready for eachother.

I am the sky...not yearning or fearing the clouds that will come. And they will bring rain but that rain is a process in the atmosphere of life. Circulating the energies and all I am is the space that stays steady and true despite the temporary gloom. I am still the space. I hold the space still.
! I am

No comments: